TheDefender , free sourcecode for gamemaker
A downloadable game
I stopped this project a long time ago and realised i may not finish it. I donot want it to go to waste so i wanted to share the code for free. The truth is i am not good as a level designer so i stopped the game.
This code/game may be usefull only if you use gamemaker.
You can learn to :
- Build Things - gui and process
- How to throw things (arrows and such) to mobs (tower ai)
- How to manage tower (upgrade, direction and more)
- How to create a state machine
- How to use timeline to generate randomized combat (wave of monster)
- How to save score per level and give gems for better score
- How to read json file to make databases (eg : monsters, skills)
- How to read/save a game
- How to manager building and magic management through upgrade, only two object required to do this (2 for tower tek and 2 for magic tek) and saving the whole thing
- How to implement help in your game
- Tower ai : detection of mob in an area sub circle, circle, rectangle, square,etc
- How to use a world map
...and many other things, run the demo ! Plz go to the magic and forge and get stuffs before going to battle. To use magic you have to assign spells with 1/2/3
If you want more explanations you can try to contact me below or at https://forum.yoyogames.com (my member name is fabseven)
Hope you can learn something - you can donate if you are really happy.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.